[plug] Mr Busby is off to /dev/null

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Oct 12 18:32:38 WST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:12, William Kenworthy wrote:
> iinet have been having a lot of spammer problems, as have the Uni's,
> so I guess most large organisations are suffering.

As have everybody... but... I also got buckets and buckets of Port 135
scans from iiNet addresses on that day, and they also blocked ICMP.
Wouldn't mind betting an MS-Windows virus or two got loose either in
that paddock of Windows 2000(?) workstations they use<*> or among some
large customers.

Cheers; Leon

<*> When I did their tour, one guy had PuTTY open full screen and only
used the mouse for cut/paste and a lass up the back had PINE open in a
shell. The comments from the back room on iiNet's Windows policy
weren't friendly.