[plug] Openoffice chart production

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 12 21:53:50 WST 2003

I have used OO (staroffice originally) from V4.0 (try opening the 800+
page Eckel C++ word book on a 486 in SO4 -13 hours- word on a faster
machine crashed regularly) - MS docs are the bane of my life.
Particularly presentations.  Word docs are a lot better, but often still
require a lot of work, but presentations can be "difficult", and I often
have to resort to MS.

If I can stay within OO, there would be only minor problems, but I have
to share and collaborate with MS users, and often I am the only OO user,
so if MS can display a document written in an MS app fine, and OO cant,
which one is broken?

I seem to remember that in SOv4 we were told that the next lot of
MSfilters will fix the import/export problems!

BillK