[plug] A new modem needed?

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 13 18:55:11 WST 2003

The line may not be faulty... It could have been Telstra upgrading
<fnord>their CMUX to handle ADSL2.</fnord>
Usually D-Link 300 (not 300c or 300+) are the first to notice, then the
NetGear DM602's won't do PPPoE in modem mode - only internal PPPoE client,
then other older models start playing up. (Besides the trusty, rock solid
Alcatel SpeedTouch Home :P )

New connections are extremely susceptible to slightly incorrect settings
too.

Regards,

Craig F.