[plug] NBD issues

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Oct 13 19:32:26 WST 2003

Craig Ringer wrote:
>> Eww.. thats a nasty stack trace..
>> Highlight the whole thing with gpm, fire up ksymoops and paste it into
>> that, that may provide some insight as to where it's going pear shaped.
>

> This look about right? I've just used netcat to send the files from
> /proc across, then decoded it on my main machine. ksymoops is whining
> about the modules info being empty, but there were no modules loaded so
> it _should_ be empty. As such, the default (wrong) modules dir should be
> OK because it's not /using/ any modules - right?
>
> This was triggered by an 'nbd-client -d /dev/nbd/0' after attaching NBD
> earlier. Nothing was /done/ on the NBD inbetween. It seems to be totally
> reproduceable, too.

Cool, yeah that looks about right.
Now I guess the thing to do is look at the REPORTING_BUGS file in the
linux source dir and grab as much of the info as possible.
Can you compile kernels yourself for this device? If not that's going to
make debugging a bit difficult.

What kernel version is it?
I gathered it's a redhat kernel of some kind, can you get the srpm for it?

Brad