[plug] PDF in Linux

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 14 12:46:13 WST 2003

In message <20031014042125.GA25840 at mail.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:21:25PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <3F8B7837.5090209 at postnewspapers.com.au>
> on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:14:47PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > Strange indeed - I just checked again, and it works quite fine for me
> > using X-window style copy+paste.

Well, I can't get any intuitive sense out of xclipboard and xcutsel. But
anyway, theory #1: perhaps what is happening is that when you select
text in (say) xterm, the text is stored as the current selection *and*
in a cut buffer.  However, xpdf only stores the text as the current
select and it blanks out the cut buffer. Theory #2: the cut buffer has
some sort of format identifier and xpdf sets the format to (say) 'PDF'
instead of 'text'. Some apps check for 'text' while others don't. Those
that check won't paste (I get blackness from the middle mouse button).