[plug] Linux Conf 2004

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 14:39:18 WST 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 14:23, Ville Johansson wrote:
> Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Hardly seems the way to build friends and influence people positively,
> > does it? These regulations sound pretty draconian. Anyone at a Uni who
> > can find out?
>
> I've been told that they just don't want to be held liable if something
> bad happens. So they regulate lots of things. Oh well, there'll be more
> linux conferences I can go to in the future.

So you're saying it's not a visa thing but a Uni thing? I'd be amazed if it
was a visa thing, Australia being a free country and all. A Uni regulation of
some sort sounds more plausible, but surely they'd make an exception for such
an obvious and beneficial educational event like linux.conf.au?

--
> eatapple
core dump