[plug] 2.6.0-test7

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Oct 19 20:01:59 WST 2003

G'day all,

Been playing with the 2.6 kernel for a bit now..
On my machine I use matroxfb for the console and I have been watching
telly using dvbstream and piping it to mplayer with -vo fbdev.

This is an athlon 2800+ (2GHZ) so it's not a slow box.
With 2.4.23-pre7 I can watch telly for hours with no dropped frames.
With 2.6.0-test7 I have to enable framedropping in mplayer because the
console output is soooo sloooow.

I know it's not the hardware as I can run using -vo vesa and it all
works great.
Is anyone else using matroxfb under 2.6 and have you noticed a speed
difference?
Is there any software out there for benchmarking the framebuffer console?

Oh yeah, the card is a G450 with 16mb. Only using the first head too.

Cheers all,
Brad :p)