[plug] Linux on Dell Inspiron 8600 (wireless)

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 12:24:20 WST 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 11:51, Simon Newton wrote:
> On a related note has anyone managed to claim a refund for Windows from
> Dell?

I bought 2 Dell laptops in the UK. I pressed for "no OS" or at least a Windows
refund but they weren't interested. They just say "we sell the entire
package, OS and all" and if you don't like it they tell you to buy somewhere
else.

I made it clear to them that as far as desktops were concerned, I'd do just
that. However, Dell laptops were (and possibly still are) the best on the
market, so I paid the MS tax on both my laptops.

--
> eatapple
core dump