[plug] CIPE / VPN

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Tue Oct 21 16:40:38 WST 2003

> No chance of just using ssh to tunnel the required traffic? Unless you
> need to push UDP traffic through that should do the job nicely.
> Alternately (arrggh) you could run ppp over ssh.

  I would like to be able to access via ssh for system updates/development.
I have run ppp over ssh, and that wasnt very nice :)

  And don't telstra know how to sting you for GPRS ! 2.2cents per kB !!  The
other option telstra has provided was a VPN connection into their network,
via something like 64k Frame relay.  $5000 setup, $1000 or something for
ongoing ( I kinda was still trying to figure out where $5000 comes into it
!)

  Its always good to have access to the linux system for any remote device.
Otherwise I would just get the device to 'check-in' its information to the
central server.

 Cheers