[plug] powerbook g4

Ville Johansson vvj at gawab.com
Tue Oct 21 22:22:58 WST 2003

Hi Patrick,

I am myself using an older-generation Powerbook G4 (the 550Mhz model
to be exact). Debian works very well, although you need some extra
trickery with the graphics drivers (and no 3d support, maybe they've
fixed that in an update. I haven't touched Debian on my laptop for a
long time). The only thing that's a bit sub-par is the sleep function on
the laptop, it doesn't always wake up properly. But again, updates may
have fixed that too. A friend of mine who has an iBook says that YDL
works perfectly out of the box, I haven't tried it on my Powerbook though.

--
Ville "that Finnish guy" Johansson