[plug] Is there a way to put a job to sleep so it can survive a reboot?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 24 12:45:36 WST 2003

> And I remember doing this with the dos taskswitcher back around 1990 ...

Yeah... it's a little bit simpler to do in a non-networked system
without virtual memory or a VFS that runns in 16bit x86 real mode.

Oh well.

Work is being done on this - I read some more about it recently - but I
don't know of a currently working implementation under linux. Some other
UNIXes have process checkpointing, though.

Craig Ringer