[plug] Controversial comparison of distros?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Oct 27 17:45:49 WST 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:21:21PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:

| For those of us with a RISC-OS (or indeed MacOS or NEXTSTEP) heritage,
| this looks rather promising:
|
| http://zero-install.sourceforge.net/

Oooo! I remember looking at that some time ago.  I'm half-surprised
Windows didn't adopt something similar years ago. It looks as though
they've put a good deal of thought into adapting it to a multi-user
system too.  It still could have the problems associated using two
packaging systems on a single system simultaneous though - and things
can only get uglier in that respect if autopackage and zero-install and
other similar but incompatible systems start to take off.

Cameron.