[plug] [OT?] Laptop batteries

Mike Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 27 17:43:01 WST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, bob wrote:

> I have picked up a 2nd hand thinkpad 380z and of course the battery is
> cactus. Can anybody recommend a cheap supplier of replacements? Its a
> Lithium-ion if that matters (Best I can find online is $240 which is >50%

For a LiIon replacement, google says $180 at
http://www.batterymaster.com.au/products.php/command/viewcategory/categoryserial/3917

If it were NiMH, it would be cheap and easy to replace the cells.
Maybe you can put a set (7) of solder tags AAs in anyway. They give
2AHr. But you would need the schematics, and a few simple components.

Anybody know how hard it is to replace LiIon cells? I think you need a
very good match.