[plug] [OT?] Laptop batteries

bob bob at fots.org.au
Mon Oct 27 20:50:11 WST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:43 pm, Mike Holland wrote:

> For a LiIon replacement, google says $180 at
> http://www.batterymaster.com.au/products.php/command/viewcategory/categor
>yserial/3917

$180 is still a bit ott for what is basicaly a $400 lappie. I may have to
give the idea away and just have it run on mains.

> If it were NiMH, it would be cheap and easy to replace the cells.
> Maybe you can put a set (7) of solder tags AAs in anyway. They give
> 2AHr. But you would need the schematics, and a few simple components.
>
> Anybody know how hard it is to replace LiIon cells? I think you need a
> very good match.

Siomar (that Harry mentioned) would be able to tell me... I'll report back
if it goes that far that I actually weild an iron :)

--
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the
sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment."