[plug] [OT?] Laptop batteries

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Oct 27 22:31:33 WST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:50:11 +0800 bob <bob at fots.org.au> wrote:

> Siomar (that Harry mentioned) would be able to tell me... I'll report back
> if it goes that far that I actually weild an iron :)

Ok. I'm _not_ sure that they'll sell you the LiIon cells to fling your
own iron at. Because LiIon's have the abiity to "vent with flame" (as
the manufacturers so euphemistically describe the event called *BANG*)
Siomar will probably take your old pack, crack it open and change the
cells for you. As Mike (I think) said tho' some LiIons are more equally
specified than others. Chemistry dictates the maximum charge voltage and
several hunderds of millivolts matters from one type to the next (think
*BANG* and you have the general idea). See what they say. Good luck.

Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/