[plug] Audio problem with linphone

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Oct 28 19:31:25 WST 2003

Hello,

I'm just testing out SIP based telephony and I've found that I can hear
the other person but they can't hear me.

Here is the setup:

Machine 1:

Athlon 700mhz
Debian (Sid)
KDE 3.1
Kernel 2.6-test7
Linphone 0.12-pre5-1

Sound card: es1371 (creative esonique)
Sound system: OSS
Headset: Logitech Internet chat
(http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/speakers/6326/)

notes:

Microphone (in headset) is set as the default recording device.
sound device is /dev/dsp

Machine 2:

Acer Travelmate lappy
Windows 2000 SP4
SJphone 1.10 build 187x
headset: $4 laser cheapie

If I talk into the headset mic while not running any sound programs the
output comes out the speakers or the headset (whichever is plugged into
the green socket on the soundcard)

I have also installed win98 on Machine 1 to see if my Linux setup was
the problem and it appears it may be. SJphone can talk fine from one
(Winders) machine to another.

I can record wav files using the headset mic and krecorder and play them
back using xwave.

I also sometimes need to kill artsd before I can use krecorder, xwave or
get sounds out of gaim.

regards,

Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology

-The last person I'm ever going to fire is myself