[plug] Debian .vs. Gentoo

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 30 08:14:08 WST 2003

Nearly forgot.  Gentoo currently has 3 build targets: system, world and
an individual package.  There have been many requests from those running
servers for a security target to be added so only those updates are
run.  Currently it is an all, or manually select only the security
updates to process.

The new target will apparently check the official Gentoo list of
security alerts and select updates based on that.

BillK