[plug] Screen problems

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 31 12:55:23 WST 2003

>   but can only access the top 75% of the page, the bottom of
>   the page remain unreachable regardless of what actions I take,
>   even a change in monitor/monitor size has no effect.

It sounds like your resolution is set to 640x480 or maybe 800x600 - too
low, anyway. Most likely you're either using the wrong video driver, or
X is misconfigured and thinks your monitor is lower spec than it is.

Try reconfiguring XFree86, making sure it's using the right driver for
your hardware and the right monitor settings.

Alternately, if you send your /etc/X11/Xf86Config and
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files, the output of 'lspci' , and some
information on your monitor I might be able to make you a config file to
try out.

Craig Ringer