[plug] Nvidia display mapping swap

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Sep 2 09:20:53 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 08:22, Mungo TheB wrote:
> have twin monitor setup 0 1 (crt, crt)
> when nvidia boots into x display comes up 1 0

I'm *guessing* that the problem is not which number is allocated to
which screen, but that the screen information is displayed the wrong way
around.

Looking across the 'net (not having been into this territory before), I
stumbled across a few pointers.

<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/NVIDIA_GeForce4_MX420_TV-OUT_P70607/>
<http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/HOWTO/linuxAGnode/html/install_software.html>

>From my reading, you can name each screen what ever you want, and then
if you give then separate names, (eg. myRedScreen, myBlueScreen), you
can change the order of their respective display by using:

        Option "ConnectedMonitor" "myRedScreen, myBlueScreen"
or
        Option "ConnectedMonitor" "myBlueScreen, myRedScreen"

Again, DISCLAIMER, I've not done this myself, haven't yet tried to make
the TV out and the VGA out on my Capucchino PC both work.

I also stumbled across references along the lines of changing the server
layout. Actual examples of this I can not locate.

HTH...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..