[plug] [link] big news - Tel$ra on Linux ?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 2 18:20:21 WST 2003

In message <200309021814.20716.leon at brooks.fdns.net>
on Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 06:14:20PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> xPDF / GhostView not good enough?

My problem with xpdf is (a) lack of Acrobat feature support and UI
feature support, and (b) its abject slowness for text rendering (AFAIK I
tracked this down to xpdf code, not freetype/t1lib code).  It's even
slower than acroread's "Find..." feature (apparently the Acrobat version
numbering is done by the Java people ;). Ghostscript is probably fine in
terms of rendering speed but I found GhostView lacking in the navigation
department.