[plug] IDE-TAPE

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Sep 3 10:16:30 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 22:13, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> Pass the "debug" to the kernel, see if any more messages come up
> regarding IDE.

I did and they didn't.

>  Take a browse through ide_setup() in drivers/ide/ide.c
> and read the options for ideX= in the comments... I'm looking at
> things like ide1=reset, or possibly forcing some IO addresses/IRQs.

Cool, will have a look.

> And last fleeting thoughts for your tech... :)
>
>  - does the kernel detect ide1 if the tape drive's IDE cable is
>    unplugged?

In a new thread I postulate that the thing only works with two devices,
not three...

>  - does a knoppix CD detect everything?

Hmm. No knoppix on-site, but it's a thought - dunno if I can actually do
anything with it, but will keep it in the back of my mind.

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..