[plug] PLUG list -> RSS feed

indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 3 14:28:12 WST 2003

SpamAssassin is very cool.

My email address has been published on the web since about
1995. Yes folks, that's 8 years now of being harvested by spambots.
We have SA set up on the server doing only a very, very rough cut.
Frankly it's so rough, I'm amazed at the spam that does get through
sometimes. i.e. I look at it and think "Come on SA, that's surely spam!"

BUT! depsite this I still get more mails per day from Craig Ringer,
or James Devenish (for example) than I do spam...

On top of this, I'm a member of other mailing lists too.

I guess this rant is pointless, all it highlights is that if your life
is arranged such that you already deal with lots of email, spam is less of
a problem than the emails that you asked for, but just don't feel like
reading today. ;)

Oh and that SpamAssassin rocks...

Indy.

--