[plug] Accelerated X on ibook

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Sep 4 11:17:18 WST 2003

Which Radeon card do these iBooks have in them?  If it is an M6, Radeon
DRI won't do anything for you.  I'd gather it is new than that though.

If all else fails, you can checkout the entire DRI CVS truck of X
(assuming sourceforge lets you - It is still giving me problems)  I
think it is still based on 4.2.99 and compile it from scratch.  I used
to have to do that before the Radeon DRI modules pulled up their socks
with my M7 LW, which they now seem to have done.

What does /var/log/XFree86.0.log say about all this?  It should be full
of juicy hints.

What does xdpyinfo say?  glxinfo has some handy info too.

Is the radeon DRM module loading?  Mine shows up as:

radeon                102344   1

You also want to do the standard things in your X config file like:

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "dri"
   	#  whatever other modules
EndSection

You might what to join and search this too:

Ryan