PCMCIA (was Re: [plug] airsnort)

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Sep 9 12:40:58 WST 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, quoth Adam Hewitt:

> Starting PCMCIA services:
> /lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.o: init_module: No
> such device

Are you sure your PCMCIA bridge is based on the intel 82365 chipset?
I'm really not familiar with the mac notebooks, so I can't tell you what
it should be, but possible options are yenta_socket and tcic

> I cant even find any reference to i82365 in the /etc/pcmcia directory
> (grep -ri 82365 /etc/pcmcia)

That's because it's configured (in Debian woody) in /etc/default/pcmcia
Other distributions, and Debian potato used /etc/pcmcia.conf instead.
And yet other distributions put it somewhere else again.

btw PLUG has a really fast message turn-around time[0] - you really don't
have to CC: me privately as well

 - Matt
[0] esp if you're in the same room as the PLUG servers ;)