PCMCIA (was Re: [plug] airsnort)

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Tue Sep 9 13:33:59 WST 2003

ok well I realised that it was the /etc/default/pcmcia that was asking
for i82365 so I modified that to i82092 and that seemed to work, however
it is now giving me the following error:

wolverine:~# /etc/init.d/pcmcia start
Starting PCMCIA services:
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module:
Operation not permitted
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/ds.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/ds.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not
permitted
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/pcmcia/ds.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/pcmcia/ds.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22-ben2/pcmcia/ds.o: insmod ds failed

How can that not be permitted when I am doing it as root? The
permissions are the same as the i82092 module which loads fine.

Cheers for your help guys, its really driving me nuts...

Adam.

--
Adam Hewitt - CCNA, LCP
Senior Network Engineer

PO BOX 829 Claremont, Western Australia 6910
Suite 1/278 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6010
        Telephone: +61 8 9383 1800    Facsimile: +61 8 9383 2818
        Email: adam.hewitt at globaldial.com Website: www.globaldial.com
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify us via email at info at globaldial.com