[plug] Mepis LiveCD/Installer

Nathan D nathand at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 9 17:01:46 WST 2003

----- Original Email -----
From: Trevor Phillips

> This looks quite cool:
>    http://www.mepis.org/
> It's another Live CD distro, similar to Knoppix, but is aimed more to be
used
> for quick installs, with the option of trialling from the Live CD. And the
> Live CD doubles as a recovery/diagnostics toolset.
>
> And it's Debian based. ^_^
>
> Does anyone in WAIX/Parnet have the ISO(s) for this?
<snip>
I've had a quick look myself and is definately of interest :)  I will be
putting a bigger h/drive in my server machine soon and was looking at a fresh
debian-ish install (currently sarge from a potato install).  I have a
alternative Debian installer (Buzami??) [can't access 3fl.net from work to
remember the name?], that I was going to try, but might look at Mepis as
well?

If the wonderful linux friendly people at 3fl.net can't mirror it for us, I'm
more than happy to pull CD1.iso down (723Mb), if somebody else can grab
CD2.iso (696Mb)?

Home time for me,
  Nathan.