PCMCIA (was Re: [plug] airsnort)

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Fri Sep 12 16:17:17 WST 2003

Anyone have any ideas on this?

pcic_probe doesn't seem to be available on my Mac, which is one of the errors
on console when trying this.

I have since updated to Sid and kernel-image-2.4.21-powerpc

about to try a 2.6.0-test5 custom kernel, followed by a "rip card out of box,
put in i386 box and install freebsd" trick if worst comes to worst but I
would really _like_ to get it working on debian, and even more so on my Mac
7200/120.

btw I have done days and days of googling so a response of RTFM or STFW won't
go down well :-P all I seem to find is edit /etc/default/pcmcia with

PCIC_OPTS='irq_mode=1'

for which the result is
Warning: ignoring irq_mode=1, no such parameter in this module

and then I get

Intel PCIC probe: not found.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks guys ;-)