[plug] High speed WiFi

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Sep 13 18:19:49 WST 2003

G'day all,

I now have my video server setup, with about 780GB of Raid 5 storage,
and lots of stuff to watch. Problem is, my existing wireless setup is
limited to about 550KB/s. Full DVD quality requires about double that.

Is anyone using high speed WiFi and not having any hassles?
I need a PCI card for the server and a PCMCIA for my laptop. Any
recomendations?

I'm currently using a D-Link Prisim 2.5 based pci card with hostap
drives in the server and a generic hermes based pcmcia card.
Time to upgrade.

Cheers for any insight,
Brad