[plug] distro question: 'standard'?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:58:29 WST 2003

G'day all!

A friend of mine is considering Linux and I don't want her to have a
redhatted or mandraked version, if you know what I mean. ;) RH 7.3 wasn't
too bad, because KDE had a standard menu included, with a standard desktop,
but everything onwards is bluecurved, and mandrake haven't had a  standard
desktop for years. SuSE doesn't look too far from it, the last version I
used of SuSE was 7.3, althougha little unstable, it could be reconfigured
for standard KDE menus, etc. Can you still do that in 8.2? Are there any
other distributions that anyone would recommend that doesn't have a command
line based installation program (ie. Debian)? I don't want to put her off
you see.......

Standard KDE is a MUST. ;)
cheers!
John