[plug] distro question: 'standard'?

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Mon Sep 15 11:58:24 WST 2003

Suse 8.2 has the best hardware detection of any Linux distro I've tried
so far. It's aiming at the corporate user and is tight distribution with
few bugs. But I think you know that! :-)

Is it best for newbies? That's hard to say. It kinda depends what kind
of newbie you're dealing with. It may not be the best for the typical
'doze desktop refugee. I've heard good things about Xandros:
http://www.osforge.com/news/001205.html But I haven't tried it yet.

cheers; sol