[plug] Linux Job

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Sep 16 21:30:12 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 21:12, Derek Fountain wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2003 13:02, Scott Middleton wrote:
> > Hi Pluggers
> >
> > http://www.linux.org.au/jobs/jobdetail.phtml?refnum=000413
> >
> > A client of ours needs to hire someone on a more permanent basis.
> > Don't be afraid to apply they are looking for an all rounder.
>
> Is this a hoax?

How about this:

http://it.seek.com.au/showjob.asp?jobid=2956445

"Although experience in the IT industry is essential but not necessary
as internal training in computer hardware and networking will be
provided. You must have at least a high school or equivalent."

> I just sent an email off to the given email address, and received an extremely
> rude reply. There's actually no indication on the job database entry of who
> or what "tux2hart at iinet.net.au" actually is. If anyone knows, let me know so
> I can avoid this company/agency in the future!
>
> On the other hand, if I have been scammed, I sheepishly put my hand up to it.
> Hook, line and sinker... :o}

Perhaps why I don't apply for "jobs" anymore.

I learned a long time ago not to put your address on a resume. Wait
until they make further contact and offer an interview before you give
your address!

I no longer have a resume (deleted) I just have fliers and business
cards and I promote myself everywhere I go.

These day it's too expensive and too much trouble to hire someone
(thanks to the overheads of laws like unfair dismissal, compulsory
workers comp, excessive award rates and the unions/sulking workers
riff-wraff) but the work still needs to be done so people pay a
freelancer to do it!

regards,

--
Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)