[plug] GIMP users to confirm behaviour

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 12:36:48 WST 2003

Hi,

I have a query about GIMP v1.2.3. I have *never*, on any platform or X
server, been able to use the arrow keys to move (nudge) a selected area
of any layer. However, I have found claims on the Interwebnet that lead
me to believe it should be possible with the GIMP (but with which
versions?). Alternatively, I would be more than happy to have a way to
enter a numerical movement in order to move a selection. My principal
desire is to move pixels perfectly horizontally or perfectly vertically
without using my pointing device. Does anyone have any personal
experience with this?