[plug] GIMP users to confirm behaviour

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 13:51:19 WST 2003

In message <3F69445E.60607 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 01:36:30PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Unfortunately, GIMP 1.3 wants a recent gtk2 - at which point you run
> into the Debian Mouldware factor. There are probably debian packages out
> there for gtk2 and all it requires (pango, fontconfig, glib, etc), but I
> ended up building from source because it was easier.

No worries, I have libgtk2.0-0/-common/-dev installed already from a
source build.

> It works better for me, but that doesn't mean it will for you.

You bastard! ;-)

> I'm not aware of any way to do what you want in GIMP 1.2, sorry.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. All this talk of plug-ins, though,
has made me think: maybe someone's written a plug-in for nudging. Ryan's
comment about window managers doesn't surprise me, though I'm using
Gnome/Sawfish etc so I would have hoped they'd be "compatible" with the
GIMP!