[plug] [OT] murdoch IT dept

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Sep 18 16:06:44 WST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Ben New wrote:

> When I went there it was C++, which isn't brilliant, but at least they
> stuck to the one language for all of 1st year :-)  (Apart from Prolog,
> but you could hardly confuse those two!)  Assembly was taught in
> Computer Systems or something like that, a whole unit devoted to
> assembly and processor architecture (imagine!)

And, how long ago was that?

When B106 and B209 were teaching C++, the computer systems unit was
teaching C (B216, from memory).

> That's what you get when you put IT in between Business and Law instead
> of between Maths and Science!

What do you mean, "between Business and Law"?

The teaching IT department is part of the Faculty of Arts. The Arts
Faculty awards "science" qualifications in computing (now even
BSc - Computer Gaming, and, PostGrad Dip Sc - Computer Gaiming; the only
Postgrad Dip offered by the School of It at Murdoch).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."