[plug] dcopserver?

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Fri Sep 19 16:25:22 WST 2003

Thanks Russell and Craig,

You guys were spot on. I had dirs in /tmp that weren't owned by the
user. But that wasn't the problem. I was being too clever by half
because I destroyed the /home/dhammaloka directory and then cp -Rv
another user directory to /home/dhammaloka. Obviously this was the
source of uid difficulties. I destroyed /home/dhammaloka again and did
mkdir dhammaloka ; chown dhammaloka.users dhammaloka and then tried to
log in. Voila!

I think I've learnt a valuable lesson about uids and ownership in the
process. Thanks again.

cheers; sol