[plug] procmail

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 20 20:03:39 WST 2003

My opinion of cyrus imap is a little different.

I read the same mailbox at home and work using evolution on both
machines (and sometimes IE, or squirrelmail when elsewhere.  The *^&&*%&
thing keeps forgetting if a mail gets deleted in one client, it should
stay deleted and not come back when opening the other client!  Its
probably mostly evolutions fault as IE, pine and and squirrelmails ok -
but cyrus imap is partly to blame as my work mailbox doesnt exhibit
these symptoms.  One day it'll annoy me enough to change back to UW-imap
(or better yet, try another one).

Then there's also the refusal to behave when a header, subject or sender
has some > chr(200) - not sure which ones, its probably unicode as its
usually of asian/balkans origin - so I have to trawl the mailbox (perl
of course!) and delete the offender before being able to access the
mail.  This ones serious, as Murhpy generally makes it happen after a
holiday when I have a few thousand emails ....  Yet strangely, the same
characters in the message body are ignored.

BillK