[plug] recommendation for MySQL server

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 20 20:15:28 WST 2003

I had an abit board with the highpoint 370 chips.  Was the best part of
the board.  Used it in IDE mode with software raid 0 (two ibm 7200).
The 370 was UDMA100 and I could get close to 70Mbytes/sec from the raid,
and 36-37 Mbytes/sec from the individual drives.

I replaced it with an cheap MSI board (via chipset) and the UDMA133 is
only a MB or so faster on the raid, and about the same on the single
partitions - just as you would expect.

They are basicly a high performance IDE port, with hardware remapping
support.

I presume you know to run them in IDE mode and not use the inbuilt
psuedo raid under Linux?

BillK