[plug] Please help.. i'm desperate

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 21 07:29:12 WST 2003

After having ADSL for almost a week now, it is still not working. I've tried
many modems, all which work as soon as they're plugged in - for a few hours,
then they will drop out never to gain line synch again. The only way I can
get them to gain synch is by picking up the handset on a phone.

Yes, I have tried it with all the phones unplugged. Yes, when phones are
plugged in I have 2 filters on my Panasonic phone. Yes, I have tried having
just my standard Telstra phone plugged in and not my Panasonic.

I know that my modem can't be at fault, as I left one of them at a mates
house, setup the exact same way - and no problems over the 24 hour period.

Thing is, however - Telstra came out, plugged their modem in and of course,
as the past has shown - it worked fine.
"No problem", says the guy - "That will be $xxx.xx"

Has anyone experienced such troubles before?

What am I to do?

As it stands currently, i'm at least $500 out of pocket. None of the modems
are faulty, I can't return them. iiNet won't refund any service fee. Telstra
just keeps charging me, because after all "our equipment is fine, the fault
is at your end".

After all, I am just a poor Uni student, and this is really breaking me down
in every way possible :|

Whats a man to do?

Signed Daniel, the distressed man in desperate need of help.. :-(