[plug] Red Hat

Patrick Tehvand patrick at carey.wa.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 11:18:44 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 11:15, Simon Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:41, Matt Kemner wrote:
>
> > "In accordance with the provisions of the End User License Agreement
> >  (EULA), it is required that the trademark and anaconda images be
> >  modified so that the trademarks do not appear in the software.  Please
> >  note that the mere deletion of these files will corrupt the software."
> >

> BTW, doesnt this violate the GPL?
>
> I thought it was a violation if you distributed GPL software with any
> secondary clauses attached? What they are saying here is, you can only
> redistribute this GPL'ed software if you are willing to remove all references
> to Redhat from it.

No i think you may copyright your "branding".

on another note, surely all we need to do is d/l
redhat-logos
and
redhat-artwork

each time you want to burn a cd set.

They are saying we may download it but not "copy" it.

Im just d/l the relative parts, the rest is gpl'd

--
Patrick Tehvand
IT Department,

Member - Society of Linux Professionals (WA)

support running on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike).