[plug] looking for psutils source tarball

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Mon Sep 22 12:59:53 WST 2003

Hi all,

When I want to print large PDF documents, what I usually do is to use the
xpdf program to open the pdf document, and output it to postscript.  I then
use the psnup command to convert the postscript output such that 2 pages go
on each sheet of A4 paper with the following command:

psnup -pa4 -2 mypostscriptfile.ps > mypostscriptfilewith2pagespersheet.ps

I then print my document using the command:

lpr mypostscriptfilewith2pagespersheet.ps

This allows me to output particularly large documents in a perfectly
readable way while at the same time saving myself a lot of paper.

The problem is that I now want to perform this process from cygwin.  For a
range of reasons, I am temporarily forced to use a Windows machine.  To make
it more bearable, I've loaded Cygwin on it.

Unfortunately, it seems that cygwin does not come with the psnup command, so
what I want to do is download the source code for psnup and compile it up
under cygwin.

Since psnup is part of the psutils package, I have been searching google for
somewhere that I can download psutils in as a source tarball.  However so
far it has been without success.  I can get rpm's of the source but not a
tarball.   Does anyone know where I could locate a tarball of the psutils
source?

thanks heaps guys

David Buddrige.