[plug] MP3s on a NTFS not working out

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Tue Sep 23 13:58:10 WST 2003

I have a windows 2000 NTFS partition (actually separate disk) on my system now
due to some subjects at Uni requiring windows :-( so I searched to see if I
could find any mp3s on it. (find worked wonders)

Under debian sid I did:

modprobe aic7xxx # installing the module for the scsi controller that the
windows disk resides on.

mkdir /mnt/windows
mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows/

find /mnt/windows/ -iname "*.mp3" -print # my mp3s are all on my home
fileserver (so I can share with all my boxen)

mpg123 "/mnt/windows/Program Files/Winamp/demo.mp3"

and it just worked ;-)

I assume you tried:

modprobe ntfs? (I didn't do that)

Regards