[plug] Recommended computer store

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Sep 23 23:52:51 WST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Of course, I have little right to talk given the right mess the POST's
> site is in. It's alright, but ancient HTML (3.2) and the parse tree is
> broken.

The thing about HTML 3.2, is that it is like Linux was a couple of years
ago - able to run on basic stuff, with a minimum of fuss.

As far as I am aware, all web browsers now in existence, will interpret
standard HTML 3.2, without any problems, as Linux a couple of years ago,
would run on anything from a 80386 or compatible computer, upwards.

Website development priority should be universal accessibility (though
many website developers run on pure arrogance), and HTML 3.2, and not
using things like Javascript, increases accessibility.

However, this thread has well and truly lost the plot.

Website quality and a worthwhile computer shop, are two different
things. They may go together on occasion, but one is not an
indispensable condition for the other.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale