[plug] Problem establishing lister service with Oracle under Debian

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 24 12:02:47 WST 2003

Hello,

I am running Debian woody with Oracle 9iR2. Currently my tnspings are not
working. I assume this is becase during when running netca (net configuration
assistant) as    the oracle user it gave me the following message:

"The information provided for this lister is currently in use by other software
on this computer. You can proceed with the configuration as it is, but will not
be possible to start the listener until the conflict is resolved"

This was for the default port 1521. I tried a higher port and the same thing
happened.

I did try giving ownership of /etc/services to the oracle user incase that would
help but it didn't.

I could not find any command line options for netca (even tried google)

Any ideas?

regards,

Chris Caston