[plug] Recommended computer store

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 24 13:45:17 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 10:56, Milan Pospisil wrote:
<snip>
>  Austin Compurers in Osborne Park- from the prices point of view reasonably cometitive, just do not mention Linux as they have the habit to become arrogant;

Funny that. I used to live up the road from Austin and I made a habit of
mentioning Linux or OpenOffice every time I went in (like when needed to
buy something but didn't want to spend the $100 required to go
wholesale)

Apparently no one ever asks them about OpenOffice as a replacement for
MSOffice and they have no plans to bundle it with their systems. One of
them also commented that Linux had a poor variety of games as if that
was all people used there computers for.

regards,

Chris

>                                              Regards
>                                                             Milan Pospisil

> Hi,
>
>  what computer store can people recommend that have good prices on basic computer systems ? Locally would be better :)
>

>  Cheers,
>
>  Paul

Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)