[plug] Knoppix with nForce2 Motherboard

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Sep 24 22:28:55 WST 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:09:27PM +0800, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> I can't seem to get to any sites currently with documentation on this. It
> detected the sound card fine, but couldn't see the NIC at all.. anyone had
> experience with such?

Quite probably you'll need the nvnet driver - downloadable from
nVidia's website. Last I tried, it compiles against your current
kernel source (or just kernel headers) and creates an nvnet.o
module (only for 2.4.x)

If you want to compile it into the kernel (to do things like
netboot), then ask me and I'll dig up what I did for the
thin-clients at UCC (with netbooting nForce2 boards) to build it
into the kernel.

HTH,

Bernard.

--