[plug] X11 connection rejected with updated ssh

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at CSIRO.AU
Wed Sep 24 23:41:40 WST 2003

Hi list,
          I have updated openssh on two machines (RH7.1 and RH7.2)
and now I have the following problem with X11 connections when I
am logged in as root.

the only non-commented-out part of ssh_config on both machines says
Host *
        ForwardX11 yes

sshd_config appears to be totally commented out except for a logging option.

                     any ideas?
					bye
					                        rob

rubber# rpm -q openssh
openssh-3.1p1-14
rubber# ssh lycra
robd at lycra's password:
Last login: Wed Sep 24 23:13:32 2003 from rubber
lycra# xterm  &        -- this  works
lycra# su
Password:
[root at lycra ssh]# rpm -q openssh
openssh-3.1p1-13
[root at lycra]# xterm &
[1] 1531
[root at lycra robd]# X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

[1]+  Exit 1                  xterm
[root at lycra robd]#
[root at lycra robd]# kppp
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
[root at lycra robd]#

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.