Simpsons [was Re: [plug] Just introducing myself to the group]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 15:57:59 WST 2003

In message <OOECKHEBCBMDKGKDPJLHOEFKDFAA.jturner at bsis.com.au>
on Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:50:34PM +0800, Jay Turner wrote:
> Simpson's reference noted!

I find it really odd that "everyone" (and by this I mean "at least a
couple of people I know") think that a lot of recognisable words and
phrases originated in The Simpsons. However, a great many of these were
used previously, just not widely popularised until The Simpsons. AFAIK
this is one of those. Sorry to mention it, but it's something I've
thought for a long time :-)