[plug] Just introducing myself to the group

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 16:07:06 WST 2003

In message <1064906080.7073.56.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
on Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:14:40PM +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
> I'd been a Macintosh user since 1985, used Win.XXX for most of that time
> as well.

Aha! I was wondering when you were going to explain why you
abuse^Wassist people over on the WAMUG list :-)

> As you might gather, I'm not one to give up

Slow learner? :-)

> The patience and perserverence for me were related to finding a
> distribution, not with Debian.

Nice point of view. It might be interesting to note that Debian is a
"popular" base for other Linux distributions. Interesting to note that
you can use the Libranet installer to create a system that can then be
updated with the actual Debian packages (if I understand recent list
traffic correctly).