[plug] debian pros & cons

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 16:01:58 WST 2003

In message <3F793693.5060109 at iinet.net.au>
on Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:53:55PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I took a short while to consider my statement just after I sent it and
> I would now have to disagree with my last statement.

And so your life as a federal minister ends.

> Debian seems to assume you want complete control over the install.

The really odd thing is that my worst Debian installation experience
(and I've only had two Debian installation experiences) was due to the
installer (or the associated loaders and kernels) trying to do far too
much automatically without giving me control.