[plug] Fedora changes in Samba ?

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Thu Apr 1 10:23:14 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:13, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 23:57, Kai wrote:
>
> > In case it was something to do with XP not wanting to behave properley
> > with Samba I made these changes to my registry, but that didn't help.
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> > "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
> > "signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000
>
> So you're not using encrypted passwords?

I was under the impression they are still md4 encrypted. Samba 3 you
don't need to add the above registry keys. I believe it only changes the
order on what kind of encryption is sent. Please correct me if i am
wrong. Also these settings can be changed using gpedit.msc.
A really good howto i refer people to is here:
http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/advanced.html

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>